An Introduction to Old English
- A pioneering introduction to Old English designed for a new generation of students.
- Assumes no expertise in other languages or in traditional grammar.
- Opening chapters and ′Quick Start′ sections cover the basics.
- ′Minitexts′ give students practice in reading Old English.
- Includes two chapters on syntax and three on reading poetry.
- Anthologises fourteen readings, including ′The Wanderer′, ′The Dream of the Rood′ and ′Judith′.
- The accompanying ′Old English Aerobics′ website features additional readings and exercises.
"In its references to web–sites and computer–links, [An Introduction to Old English] is very much a book of the twenty–first century; and many of its novel features – for example the chapter on the grammar of poetry, or the appendix on common spelling variants – will be extraordinarily helpful to teachers and students alike." Michael Lapidge, University of Notre Dame
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
The Mighty Slide: Stories in Verse: The Mighty Slide; Captain Jim; The Girl Who Doubled; A Pair of Sinners; The Scariest Yet (Puffin Books)